Friday, June 25, 2010

CHALLENGE ORNAMENT DONE!

As promised in my previous post here is a picture of the ornament I made for Amanda's challenge. I got the idea of putting ribbon or wire in glass balls from an old "Sunset" magazine. I went looking for the clear glass ball ornaments but they are a bit difficult to find at this time of the year. The lady at Creative Craft and Frame in Corvallis went into the store room and found a box of the flat. rather disc shaped ornaments which I liked even better than the balls. I happened to have the gold wire with stars and the gold and white ribbon in my scrapping supplies drawer. The pink jewels and tiny pink/gold stickers came from there as well. I probably should explain that my Christmas tree is decorated in pink, gold and white every other year. In the alternating years I use red, gold and white. However, since we got rid of our large, pre-lit tree after Christmas last year I don't know if I will be doing a tree this year or not. The question will remain until we decide where we are going to be for Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Australia perhaps????? I'll even put my tree up for a change if you're here. Hugs and great job on the ornament B2. Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea...have seen that done too....love it..hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great B2!! We have those clear ornaments at our craft store all year as they do all sorts of things with them for all the holidays.
    I love what you did with yours!
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice B2. It looks like you had fun putting it together.

    ReplyDelete